Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A handy tool

I've been doing a lot more "street running" instead of going to the track these days and although I love hitting the pavement, I absolutely hate not being able to know exactly how many miles I have completed. At the track, four laps equals a mile and eight laps equals two miles, etc, etc. On the street, your mind and legs can deceive you and what feels like a five mile jog can turn out to be only two and a half. You runners out there know what I mean. So, I found this handy little tool for mapping a run on local streets. You can enter in an address, click on streets in your route and instantly you know how long your run is, elevation and more! It is great and my 3.52 mile loop around my block is going to be a great part of my training for the half marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment