Thursday, December 9, 2010

So much more than just a book about food....

I stumbled across this book while watching, you guessed it, Oprah! When a book is even mentioned on Oprah, let alone the author appears on a show, the world watches and rushes to the nearest book store to buy a copy. I'm always skeptical of this madness, but I also couldn't keep my eyes off the TV screen when author Geneen Roth spoke of her recent piece of literature. Months later, after I found it on sale at Borders, I bought the book and can honestly say that parts of it have changed my way I view myself, the world and every bite I put in my mouth. Is it a gripping, page turner? No. But, if you are patient and read it with purpose you will find several priceless lessons between the pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment